My Guide Website?
From Sharm: Mount Moses Trekking, Sunrise & Monastery Visit252 Reviews
Hike to the top of Mount Sinai and marvel at the incredible sunrise from the summit. Browse through manuscripts at St Catherine’s Monastery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sharm El Sheikh:If youʻre booking your trip to Sharm El Sheikh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Spend some time at St. Catherine’s Monastery by discovering it’s old treasures
- Ascend to the Mount Sinai where God told Moses the 10 Commandments
- Explore the 6th-century church located by the side of the burning bush
DescriptionYou will be picked up from your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh city between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Then you will travel in an air-conditioned vehicle for around 4 hours to reach the Moses Mountain. When you arrive at Mount Sinai you will start your trekking tour to the sacred place where the Prophet Moses received the 10 commandments. Reach 2,285 meters by climbing up 750 steps, strolling through the night (approx 2-3 hours depending on the customers). Depending on the performance of the group, you may arrive at the summit earlier than expected. This will give you a chance to really relax and marvel at the rising sun slowly scattering across the mountains in all its splendor. While gazing at the sunrise, snap awesome photos or pray if you wish to, then begin the descent back down. Remember, it will take around 2 hours to reach the bottom. Enjoy some time to rest after the long trail and then have breakfast. Next, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. Catherine's Monastery. Browse through the old manuscripts displayed in the library and icons excavated from the Vatican. It is the oldest functioning Christian monastery in the world situated on the Sinai Peninsula along with the Monastery of Saint Anthony which is located across the Red Sea in the desert of South Cairo. After you've finished touring the monastery, you can relax on the drive back to your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh.
Includes16-17 hour tour Pickup and drop-off from the hotel in Sharm El Sheikh Transfer by clean and air-conditioned vehicle Water
- This tour is not suitable for the elderly, people who have shortness of breath or bone pain
- The tour duration is 16-17 hours including pickup and drop-off, which may be extended depending on security checkpoints on your way to and from Sharm El Sheikh
- The camel trek is only available at the start of the trek up to the 750 steps. Then, you have to climb the steps and do the whole trek back on foot. The activity provider doesn't recommend the camel trek
- Breakfast boxes must be pre-ordered from the hotel and collected before the tour starts
- Monastery opens every day except on Sunday and Christian holidays (Jan 6, Jan 7, Jan 14, Jan 18, Jan 19, Jan 27, Feb 15, Feb 27, Feb 28, Mar 1, Apr 7, Apr 8, Apr 12, Apr 13, Apr 14, Apr 15, Apr 17, Apr 19, 25 May, Jun 5, Jul 12, Aug 19, Aug 28, Sep 21, Sep 27, Nov 14, Dec 4, Dec 7, Dec 8, Dec 9) dates may vary The group tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate; the tour may be canceled or rescheduled if the minimum group size is not met